Kawasaki Japan, April 5, 2019 — M3L Inc (M3L) today announced that Ikegami Tsushinki Co.,Ltd. (Ikegami, 6771.T Tokyo Stock Exchange) has chosen M3L IP cores, IP_SMPTE2110 for SMPTE ST 2110-10/-20/-21/-30/-40 and IP_SMPTE2059_SLV for SMPTE ST 2059 Slave, which supports both 10 Gigabit and 25 Gigabit Ethernet.
Ikegami will showcase new 4K camera system integrating the M3L IP cores at the booth C7925 in NAB Show 2019, Las Vegas, NV from April 8th to 11th.
M3L will continue to develop and sell Media-over-IP solutions for the broadcasting market. We are going to support and contribute technically to the development of Ikegami who contributes innovative challenge, and other broadcast and communication equipment manufacturers.
- Ikegami is a manufacturer of professional broadcasting and communication equipment, and is also a globally recognized company that has won the Emmy Award four times. They have strengths in a wide range of fields such as broadcasting cameras, broadcasting monitors, video switchers, field pickup units, OB vans, security cameras, medical cameras, and visual inspection equipment.
About NAB Show
- NAB Show is the world largest broadcasting and pro-AV industry event sponsored by NAB (National Associations of Broadcasters). It is held at Las Vegas Convention Center, NV from April to May every year where broadcast and pro-AV companies around the world come together to introduce new equipment and services.
M3L IP-Core Products
SMPTE ST 2110 Standard Specification
- The industry standard ST2110 prescribed by SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineering) is a basic protocol to connect with data streams between production and playout equipment, so that it can be used on an IP network replacing the conventional SDI connections. The IP production has been expected in the future to virtualize the system configuration and to improve work efficiency by cloud computing.
SMPTE ST 2059 Standard Specification
- The industry standard ST 2059 defines the time stamping method by PTP (Precision Time Protocol) used with ST 2110. It aims to synchronize time between devices connected by IP network with accuracy of less than microsecond. PTP uses the IEEE 1588 standard of network industry.
25 GbE Standard Specification
- The current IP-based broadcasting network is based on 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) technology. However, 25 Gigabit Ethernet (25 GbE) has become more reasonable in the cost compared to 10 GbE, has bandwidth that can transmit and receive a 4K uncompressed 12 Gbps data stream in one lane, and its technology has lots of experience and reliability on 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100 GbE) in communication arena. Thus 25 GbE IP network is going to become more popular in the broadcast industry in the coming years.
- 25 GbE was standardized as IEEE 802.3by and IEEE 802.3cc in 2016 to 2017.
- An IP core is partial circuit data and/or design assets for configuring LSIs or FPGAs. Its design is generally achieved by hardware description language (HDL). The business model that delivers IP cores between companies is also established. A company that develops and sells IP cores is called an IP vendor, and M3L is one of IP vendors.
- M3L is a design engineering company of IP cores dedicated into broadcast and wireline communication market which provides Media-over-IP solution by using SMPTE ST 2110, ST 2059, and ST 2022 technologies.
- We have been having a motto Speedy & High Quality, and have been supplying IP cores to make your business succeed since 1997 when we established the company. Our 20th anniversary was the start year of our new challenge. Since then, we have been developing and releasing new cutting-edge IP cores for Xilinx FPGAs so that you can achieve your business leveraged by our design.
- Koji Oyama
- Director, Business Development, M3L Inc.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Koji Oyama
- (C) Copyright 2019 M3L Inc.
- M3L, M3L Inc., the M3L logo, M3L products name and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of M3L. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.